It is time once again to take a few minutes out of your day to add a grain of sand to the beach of health.
As you may or may not know this week on Wednesday or Thursday, the Senate could vote pass a bill that big food corporations and some members of Congress claim will make our food more "transparent" But Food Activist have read beyond the lines and see that this after all is a bill working against us. So here are the basics in plane English to give you the scoop on what could be the end of GMO labels.
- What the Bill really does:
- Put's companies in control of how they want to label GMO's, giving them hundreds of loop holes on and if they label correctly.
- Once again they will discriminate on the poor, by adding a QR code that only smart phones can read. Making it harder for the low income or no income families to read what they are eating.
- Bigger Loop holes in the laws, allows them to even suggest what they feel is a genetically engineered ingredient.. Yup like that!
- Plus states that have already been committed to labeling GMO's... after all the campaigning and petitions, all their hard work will go out the door.
- And many of these corporations, are pushing for this bill. Money over Health always is their strategy they could care less that 9 out of 10 Americans want their food labeled.
Alright So what can I do, I have about a minute?
Ok Simple four steps:
- GO here enter your zip code,
- It will give you a list of Senators that voted against or for the bill.
- Then it gives you a suggestion to Email them with a pre written email.
- All you have to do is fill out form with your address and email.
Take the extra step and share this. (READ MORE DETAILED INFORMATION HERE)